Best Hepa Air Purifier 2017
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting.
If you recently had to buy like vacuum cleaners or Air purifiers you would find that salesperson all the time talks about HEPA filter. What makes HEPA filters so great? They are created in that way so they block dander, pollen, dust, mold and helps in different allergies.
There are different types of HEPA air filters. In the market, you can find names like HEPA-type or HEPA LIKE or TRUE-HEPA.
You have to know that before you buy which ones is best. The one we are looking for is
TRUE HEPA – and this is the one you want to search before you buy any Air Purifier or Vacuum cleaner. It should meet strict standards set by the U.S. Department of Energy.
This means that HEPA FILTERS are able to block 99% of bad things in the air as small as 3microns (Average hair of People is 5 micron ).
You have to be careful due to new marketing strategies that can mislead you. Read the notes because If a product has HEPA-type or Hepa-Filter and It doesn’t write TRUE-HEPA It would be cheaper because TRUE-HEPA filters are gold filters which work best and of course they cost more but they also protect more.
So always look for “ TRUE HEPA FILTER “ in labels before you buy.
ADVANTAGES of TRUE HEPA FILTER
Like we mentioned earlier, It removes bad smells and helps People who suffer from different allergies. Blocks almost 99% of bad air and removes odor.
This type of Air Purifier is chosen by experts as BEST AIR PURIFIER.
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens. Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking.
- Air Purifiers with UV-C light technology work with Titanium Dioxide to kill airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores.
- 22 inch 3 speed tower is best used for medium sized rooms and CADR rated 100+
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product; Replacement filter is filter B – Model FLT4825 (ASIN B0055521W0) . To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available – Model FLT22CB4 (ASIN B017ANUVC6). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
- Safety certified by Intertek which is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. Certain units might produce mechanical noise during initial set-up which will subside after regular usage. Units are constantly life tested to insure the product meets the performance and durability expectations of the consumer.
Biggest disadvantages are that this type of cannot remove bacteria or viruses. Second Is that doesn’t remove odor in the best way, It helps a lot but It doesn’t remove completely.
In order to remove odor completely, you have to buy Activated Carbon Filter which blocks 100% of Odor.
If you want to remove viruses and bacteria this is not the best choice. Of course, It helps a lot but It doesn’t kill bacterias. In order to kill bacteria, you might want to buy Ultra Violet ( UV AIR PURIFIER ) which releases ultra light violet and It kills bacteria and viruses that are in Air but invisible by breaking DNA Structure.
It Is better to prevent than to cure. Here you can find some of best Amazon Products which we recommend.TRUE HEPA AIR FILTERS are most expensive ones and you would want to go after this one. As we mentioned earlier you have to be careful and to buy products with a label on TRUE HEPA FILTER so in this way you can choose the best version.